About the Company
As a leader in building streaming, web based video chat systems, we are seeking to attract and hire the best and brightest technical staff to improve and expand on our services. If you want to be part of a dynamic team and make a noticeable impact on our ongoing projects,then this is the place to be.
We offer a competitive salary, 100% employer paid medical, vision and dental insurance, 401(k) with 50% match, subsidized transportation passes/parking, and a profit sharing program with no vesting period. Additional perks include: catered lunches, company trips, Bagel/Fruit Fridays, monthly team events, family picnics, holiday dinners/parties and more.
We are located in downtown Seattle, have been in business and successful for more than 19 years, and employ 250+ smart, fun, cool and happy people.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate, energetic, problem solving Project Manager with strong traditional project management skills and experience. Our newest Project Manager will be working with 1-2 teams of very skilled developers handling some of our most challenging projects.
To succeed in this role, you need to be a “hands on doer” that can think strategically and act tactically with an endless desire to learn, embrace coaching and grow your skills.
What you will be doing:
- Deliver Initiatives and Business Requests - assist with planning and execution of approved initiatives and other projects as assigned
- Cross Function Planning & Execution - provide strategic planning and coordination allowing cross functional software development teams to more effectively deliver in unison
- Utilize the proprietary Project Management Framework as your guide for initiating, planning, executing, monitoring/controlling and closing project work
- Proactively engage with Product Owners and Dev Leads - perform as an active member of the Scrum Team Leadership Triad
- Collaborate with Product Owners to establish clear business objectives, key milestones and delivery timelines
- Actively monitor status of all planned work and deliverables, making adjustments to plans when necessary
- Proactively communicate status updates with stakeholders, including risks/dependencies, changes to milestones, timelines and scope
- Contribute to process re-evaluation of PM methodologies, processes and tools
- Embrace the team's agile practices and contribute to continuous improvement efforts
An ideal project manager does not need to be a software developer, but will need to be able to have intelligent and meaningful conversations with the technical team. The following qualities are necessary:
- 2 - 3 years of project management experience supporting the delivery of Software Development projects in a fast paced engineering organization
- Strong skills and understanding of servant leadership, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, empowerment and increasing transparency
- Strong problem solving risk and mitigation skills with a demonstrated to facilitate collaborative solutions to problems
- Proven ability to foster teamwork and collaboration across multiple functional areas with competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills to project team, business stakeholders and executive leadership
- Ability to effectively handle ambiguity in all aspects of work, including business direction and strategy which includes the ability to synthesize disparate observations and data and create conclusions and recommendations
- Ability to be adaptive and successfully maneuver within complex technology system organizations
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
All this with a sense of humor and fun is a must. We work hard, we solve complex technical challenges and we have fun while being successful!
NSFWjobs is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
*Please note that we do not provide visa sponsorship, visa transfer or corp-corp arrangements*